Sharing Life Together
Why is church membership important?
Scripture teaches that the church is God’s chosen vehicle to demonstrate to all of creation the life changing power of the Gospel. (Ephesians 3:9-11) We join a local church so that we can love and care for other believers, a sign to a lost world that we are truly disciples of Christ. (John 13:35) Read our Member Covenant as you prayerfully consider joining Sovereign Hope.
How Can I Join Sovereign Hope?
We encourage you to take the following steps...
1. Attend Sunday Mornings: We would encourage you to attend our church services regularly so that you can get an accurate picture about the passion and heart of this church. It is recommended that you visit for 2-3 months as you prayerfully consider membership.
2. Attend a Connecting Point Event: Connecting Points are a vital aspect of community at Sovereign Hope. We encourage you to visit a Connecting Point event as you evaluate whether or not this church is a good fit for you and your family.
3. Listen to “Membership - Sharing Your Life”: Listen to this important sermon (mp3 version) to gain a better understanding of the biblical teaching on church membership and the meaning of membership at Sovereign Hope Church.
5. Attend a “Foundations Dinner”: Learn more about Sovereign Hope by meeting with leadership in a relaxed, informal setting. We will discuss what led to the start of Sovereign Hope, important beliefs held by our church family and the vision we have for our local church. Check out our church calendar to find out when our next Foundations Dinner will be.
6. Submit a Member Profile: After you have spent some time getting to know Sovereign Hope, please complete the Member Profile if you are interested in learning more about membership and setting up a time to meet with leadership.
7. Meet with Leadership: Once we receive your member profile, our elders will schedule time to sit down with your family to discuss your desires to join Sovereign Hope, service opportunities you desire to be a part of and which small groups and accountability groups for you to join.